London Travel Seminar offers two concentration: Healthcare and Financial Markets.
Healthcare in London
Professors Rick Gregg and Amy Macnulty
May 6-13, 2017
England has a nationalized healthcare system and is a global leader in many aspects of care delivery, efficiency, and equity. Yet, it is also undergoing major changes to further improve performance and promote healthy lives, while controlling costs on tighter budgets.
With this Global Travel Seminar, you’ll study the English healthcare system and explore ways to improve the U.S. system.
- Learn about government ownership of healthcare delivery organizations, near-universal insurance coverage, and allocation of resources
- Examine reform efforts that address healthcare quality, safety, and cost
- Visit healthcare-delivery organizations and meet healthcare providers, policy makers, and managers in London
- Get an inside look at leadership and organizational change issues in healthcare
- Understand how the English healthcare system compares to the U.S. healthcare system
- Visit historic and cultural sites in London
*The London Healthcare Seminar is restricted to MHA, MBA/Health, MBA with a healthcare administration concentration or MPA Students. All other students require MHA Academic Program Director approval.
London Financial Markets
Spring Break 2017
Professors Christopher Argyrople and Bill Johnson
London is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Over 500 banks have offices in London and it is home to the headquarters of many banking and insurance institutions. This course will include visits to brokerage houses; investment, corporate and retail banks; asset and wealth managers; private bankers; hedge funds; financial boutiques, and specialized finance.
What to Expect
- Understand the role of financial markets in the economy
- Examine the impact of the global financial crisis on UK financial markets and institutions
- Run a trade simulation
- Discuss current financial issues with executives
*Prerequisites: MBA 650 & 1 other FIN elective or a background in finance
The United Kingdom is the sixth-largest economy based on market exchange rates and eighth-largest based on purchasing power. Our students have interned at major companies, including:
- Volkswagen, United Kingdom
- Sonus Public Relations, London
Anthony Bushu, GMBA International Marketing 2009,interned at Sonus Public Relations in London. “I went back to my communications roots with this position, and enjoyed it immensely!” Anthony is currently the director of international marketing and business development for a Mobile Development Software company with offices in the U.S. and Nigeria.